I've seen quite a few articles going around about musician etiquette and how to not get fired. One example is this article, written by my good friend and mentor Dr. Janis McKay. These articles are amazing and teach people (including me!) a lot about being a colleague. We are trained to be performers, soloists, teachers, etc...but it is very hard to learn how to be a good colleague.
Even harder, in my opinion, is to learn how to be a good artist-employee. This article is written from two perspectives. 20% of this article comes from my experience as a professional bassoonist. The other 80% of this article is based on my experiences as a professional personnel manager, contractor, and employer.